Mixpanel is a product analytics tool that enables you to capture data on how users interact with your digital product. Mixpanel then lets you analyse this product data with simple, interactive reports that let you query and visualise the data with just a few clicks.
⭐ Good to know: Mixpanel Cohorts
Cohorts are groups of users defined by a chosen set of criteria, like a shared property or sequence of events. For more information on how to use cohorts please refer to the Mixpanel documentation.
Once the integration is active on Flagship you need to activate the integration on Mixpanel.
This article will walk you through the different steps to setup the integration on Mixpanel side and to export your cohorts.
Enable the integration on Mixpanel
You must be a Mixpanel project Admin to enable the Flagship integration:
- Go to Integrations under the Data Management tab in the top navigation bar
- In the Integrations list, select Flagship, and click Connect
- To set up the Flagship integration you need to enter your account’s API Key. Copy paste the API Key of your Flagship account. Click “Continue”. (documentation on API Keys)
The AB Tasty integration will show a "Connected" tag once the connection is established.
Export the cohorts from Mixpanel to Flagship
Now that the connection between the tools is established, we have to export the desired cohorts to Flagship in order to target them.
- Click Cohorts under Users in the navigation bar.
- Select the cohort that you want to export. Click on the three-dot icon on the right side of the cohort.
- Click Export to Flagship. Select either one-time sync or dynamic sync. Click Start Sync.
Mixpanel Documentation on cohort exports is available here.
Congratulations, the integration is now set up and you can target your Mixpanel cohorts with Flagship!
For information on how to use your cohort, please refer to this documentation.
⭐ Good to know: Technical specifications
🚩 Heads up: flagship_user_id
For the user matching to be achieved (and thus let Flagship target your Mixpanel cohorts) the flagship_user_id must be pushed back to Mixpanel (it is used as a joint key).
In order to do that you need to ensure a $flagship_user_id user property is declared on Mixpanel user profiles:
For global information on how to retrieve audiences, please refer to this page.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always happy to help!